These short videos are meant to give you an introductory overview of each of the units in Presidents and the Constitution. They will help you learn more about American history, and the actions of Presidents in light of the Constitution. You can use these in your classroom to introduce students to a President or constitutional theme.
Note: If you are experiencing trouble viewing a movie, please refresh and try again.
Apple-ready .swf package with all 5 movies (above files are .exe and cannot be played on a Mac)
Want to learn more?
The resources contained on the ArticleII.org website are just the beginning! The Bill of Rights Institute curriculum, Presidents and the Constitution, explores how various presidents understood and exercised their constitutional powers. By exploring constitutional crises in American history, these interactive, hands-on lessons encourage students to analyze the actions of Presidents in light of the Constitution. Visit the Bill of Rights Institute Online Store.
Students will engage with:
▪ 15 ready-to-use, interactive lesson plans
▪ Strong focus on primary source activities
▪ Solid content including historical narrative in each lesson
▪ Scholarly thematic essays that introduce each unit
▪ Contemporary application highlighted with an “Issues Endure” portal in each unit